fot

[Fot] VARA High Desert Challenge races

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] VARA High Desert Challenge races
From: John Frymark <Jfrymark@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 11:05:06 -0700
The lower West Coast FoT racers had a good turnout for the VARA race
last weekend at Willow Springs International Raceway. Thanks to
sponsorship by Joe Siam of Chequered Flag  Racing, and John Wilkins,
an All-Triumph race was held on Saturday marking the 60th Anniversary
of TR and the 50th of the Spitfire. We had 13 entries (6 Spits mostly/
all? from Joe's stable) with Gary Shuman taking top honors. Kas
Kastner and Peggy were there to congratulate the drivers.

Sunday started windy, but nice, and I took my new GoPro out and played
camera car during our untimed morning practice session getting good
clips of Steve Belfer, Mordy Dunst, and Paul Smock at speed. I posted
video at:

http://youtu.be/OZw_RJA4Hsc

Sunday's Group 1 flag race was crazy with spinning cars and an
unfortunate early ending due to an accident that involved TR driver
Frank Daley. Frank was following me when the Morgan that spun on lap 4
cut back across track narrowly missing me but Frank "T-boned" it.
Thankfully nobody was hurt, but Frank's TR4 and the Morgan were
heavily damaged. I posted video at:

http://youtu.be/EeY7ejloymk

John Frymark
VARA DP #67 TR4A