fot

[Fot] Clutch suggestions?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Clutch suggestions?
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:06:06 -0500
Since we built my Spitfire in 2003, I've been using the stock clutch and
pressure plate.  Late last season, Mr. Barker did a head for me.   Since
then, I've had a little clutch slip.  This is a pretty new clutch plate,
but the pressure plate is of unknown age - has worked fine to date, but
everything wears out eventually, right?

Any thoughts on the cause?  Is it likely the increased torque/HP is just
overpowering the clutch?  The new motor should be putting out something
like 110-115HP, based on Mr. Barker's estimate.  Is that beyond what the
stock clutch can handle?

it goes; (2) upgrade to some sort of competition clutch; or (3) get used
to that nasty clutch smell.  Other options I'm not considering?

I'd like to stay as close to stock as possible if I need to upgrade.

Any thoughts on upgrade options?

Scott B.