fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 Valve spring - pressure, assembled height, suppliers

To: Tim Murphy <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 Valve spring - pressure, assembled height, suppliers
From: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 17:12:37 -0400
Cc: ryan.murphy@fdlco.wi.gov, fot@autox.team.net
Sender: fot-bounces@autox.team.net
Try Isky- but you will need to know what spring pressure your cam maker
requires at both open and closed positions.  For example, my GT6 cam requires a
closed pressure of 62 lb and an open pressure with 1.55 rockers of 185 lb.  My
machinist also tells me that the initial values of new springs will drop off
significantly after a few heat cycles.  I'm assuming Isky and others will sell
you springs that will "end up" at the range you want, rather than start out
there, if in fact this machinist is correct.