fot

[Fot] Anti Runon Valve ADU9535

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Anti Runon Valve ADU9535
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 18:52:20 -0500
This question is not of interest to racers, but my street TR250 has had
a problem with run-on or dieseling since leaded premium went away back
in the 1980s.  This has continued through several carb rebuilds, many
ignition configuration changes and recently an engine rebuild.  During
recent rebuild, I tried to remove any sharp areas that might create hot
spots and of course all the carbon has been removed, but the problem
still persists.  There is additional tuning I should and will do such as
carb rebuilds, carb needles, timing advance curves, etc., but I suspect
this problem will continue.  The solution for later Triumphs and other
British cars was the anti run-on valve.  It appears that the simplest
retrofit would be to install a Rover/MG ADU9535 valve.  Basically, the
valve opens when the ignition is turned off and floods the manifold with
air making the mixture too weak to support combustion.  Where do I find
one of these valves?  They do not appear to be available except on ebay.uk.
Larry