fot

Re: [Fot] Wrist Pin / Piston Slap

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wrist Pin / Piston Slap
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 19:24:16 -0400
At Road Atlanta, I had #4 exhaust valve bond to its bronze sleeve. The head
has new valves and guides and is back on the engine. Now, at an idle, there
is a wristpin (or piston slap) apparently damage caused when the two
elements united and was unlocked by the piston. Above 1250 RPMs, it goes
away. My thought is to simply put in a new piston, rings, wristpin and
connecting rod.

If it is that simple, where can I order just one 89MM piston/wrist
pin/connecting rod?

Richard Taylor TR-4  #194