fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 rebuild ...

To: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 rebuild ...
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:14:27 -0500
Cc: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
There are many things that make sense to swap out of a GT6.
In my opinion... the motor is NOT one of them.
All those trick parts you speak of are available but I cannot comment on
what's best out there.
Scott J. and I seem to do just fine with pretty basic stuff that has more
less been (motor wise) raced for 40 years...in the group 44 cars, in Kas's
car's.
Steve has taken it beyond with his car (check out his pistons on his
photo site) and I'm sure he is faster.
Take it slow you can always add stuff as you rebuild again.
Ted would be a great choice to get you going quick enough (and give you a
solid foundation for development)
Maybe I'm in the minority but you realy don't have to get so nutty with all
that expensive stuff for the first build.
Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing