fot

Re: [Fot] runnoffs time again

To: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>, triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] runnoffs time again
From: Ernest Husmann <ehusmann53@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 18:36:55 -0700 (PDT)
The day started cold and wet but by race time it was just cold.  It was not a
notable day for Triumph racing.  Sam Halkias was up with the front runners in
EP until he got tagged which broke something in the rear causing Sam to do a
very interesting 180 snap spin approaching Turn 5  putting him on the trailer
earlier than scheduled.

In GTL Steve Sargis started up front battling with
the leaders until he pulled off with mechanical issues. From beginning to end
today's GTL race was the best I have ever seen; lead changes several times
each lap with Prather out powering Lentz to the checker winning by the
nonexistant perverbal bumper or 0.023 seconds.

It would have been nice if
Sam and Steve could have finished as they were both very competitive. Tomorrow
is the HP and FP race; hopefully more great performances by the Triumphs.