fot

Re: [Fot] Best distributor/ignition for TR4

To: "Scott Janzen" <sjanzen@me.com>, "Triumph 'Friends of Triumph'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Best distributor/ignition for TR4
From: "Stutzmans" <stutzmans@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:31:00 -0400
I'm surprised to hear that some of the racers are using new Pertronix
dizzys.  I think they are made in India; but for whatever reason I'm not
impressed with their build quality as compared with the old Lucas 25D and
45D dizzys.  When properly sorted out on a Sun machine 25Ds and 45Ds (Glen
likes the 45D because of its big cap) give excellent service.
A very important issue for racers is cam lobe accuracy which is an easy test
on a Sun machine.  I've almost always found Lucas 4 cylinder dizzys to be
right on.  Not so much on the Lucas 22D6 (TR6 dizzy) though.
Bruce