fot

[Fot] Satinless Steel Brake Hoses

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6-pack@autox.team.net" <6-pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Satinless Steel Brake Hoses
From: Sam <trdoctor@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 17:14:28 -0500
Good day to all,
I recently have had problems with my brake system on my '72 TR6.  The car
would stop just fine but, when waiting at a light, the pedal would go to the
floor.  Without any external leaks, in my experience, that lead to a
replacement of the brake master.  I procured one from Apple Hydraulics
(without the reservoir (sp)), cleaned the existing reservoir with brake
cleaner safe for plastics, and installed it after bench bleeding without any
problems.  At the same time I was going to change the flexible brake lines out
with braided stainless hoses.  I changed these lines in ~'95 when I got the
car so I figured I'd change them and it would be a nice upgrade.  Long story
short, they don't fit.  I tried to change the LF and the threaded portion of
the hose that attaches to the ridged line at the caliper won't reach.  Anyone
else had this problem?  I really don't like to try to bend old line especially
since the rubber ones fit just fine.  I ended up taking a real good look at
the rubber hoses and there were on cracks and they were still flexible so I
put it back together and am ready to bleed the system.
TIA,