fot

Re: [Fot] trt 3/4 head gasket

To: KENMUN@aol.com,fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] trt 3/4 head gasket
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:36:54 -0600
I use a stock composite gasket and will get a season out of it.  I
was at about 0.175 milled, am now at 0.130 after my last head gasket
problem turned out to be a collapsing combustion chamber in the head
problem.  I don't have giant valves (they clear the 87 mm liners), so
I notched the liner to match the "mickey ear" of the stock gasket so
there was something supporting it on one side in the pocket that
disappeared.  I put the seam side against the liner then.

Tony Drews