fot

Re: [Fot] trt 3/4 head gasket

To: Tylerpthompson@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] trt 3/4 head gasket
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 17:21:50 GMT
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
Full-name: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Valve spring height will depend on what valves, retainers, springs and seat
pressure you are using.  I am using BFE valves, springs and titanium retainers
and use a 1.6 inch spring height.  I have to use spring seats and shims to
achieve that.  I have redline set at 7300 rpm and want to be sure that I don't
float the valves, so my seat pressure is higher than what some may run.
Sorry, but I don't have my notes handy to tell you what the spring pressures
are.  210 pounds at 0.5 inch lift seams to ring a bell.  Joe(B)