fot

Re: [Fot] Coil Overs at the Rear

To: Christopher Bock <SeaCubeCo@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Coil Overs at the Rear
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@att.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:39:08 -0800 (PST)
Cc: FoT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
As far a coil overs on the rear of a GT6? I'm not an engineer buy on the MKII
and MKIII the shock towere is on the inside of the wheel well... I don't think
there is enough clearance without major modification to the wheel well to adapt
a mounting point.
I believe the MKI used a shock mount that mounted somewhat to the frame inside
the back of the wheel well... I think there is a modification that I bought
from
Rimmer Brothers a few years ago to attempt this type of mod... it went back and
forth with them because there was a bushing size issue or a clearance type
issue... they finally refunded the whole purchase price without asking for the
bits and pieces back... maybe a few years later (I haven't looked) they got the
specifics right....

Bobby