fot

[Fot] First drive in my TR3 today

To: Fot@autox.team.net s=q20121106; t=1359335624; bh=osgGiDb+NQuLHNB8WPOvjHyFveaCl9gDtpKmsXZoT9A=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=Bqjo1b5yMvKV4LcRABlefdtJsdzzjI49+WVjKLde7cR9BjzU4Uegjt+CBbG1akiUN +fJBQd8cA3VwUlcJYDl67PxiH7RYIjbf+sSr8HbYTsmnmfbOvVqicr5YVLNFwTxHcA uFP0haYj8/DEkxGmIuDkNhErUwI3Mz11GvfYcobqkpxrOclajI8Zi7e4JM0qWy6DXc wFMKP1ZFPGZCCVFuVREG8K0KrUDqCFpzwDPJE6L54ZoLx/2kuWb7zqKxsRQ6xmZ0Z2 juhTBzkmJVrYMdKci0ZzQK4Xazk/Bm1qnRYc9P8bQaAyMBYAUB9/tnmYLup+Z4ULj0 RMmPugsbg55Xg==
Subject: [Fot] First drive in my TR3 today
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 01:13:43 +0000 (UTC)
Hello Friends,
I drove my TR3 for the first time today.  So far so good.  What a joy !  As I
said in my "first start" message to the group a week ago, as far as I know the
car has not been on the road since 1975 and today was the first drive since a
nut and bolt restoration into a vintage race car.  The alignment needs a little
tweaking, but the engine sounds and ran great, trans shifted beautifully, the
suspension and brakes felt great.  My brother was my co-driver and got some vid
of the experience.  He trusted my work enough to get in and go with me.  He was
as excited as I was.  He has witnessed the 57 month project on almost a weekly
basis.
I recently posted some photos on Photobucket of the the build process and will
connect the link to the group soon.
Thanks again to everyone who shared their advice, information and Triumph
experience.  FoT are the best !
I'l be sure to keep the group informed as this experience progresses to my
first track drive.

Dave H.
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com