fot

[Fot] re Overdrive Query

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] re Overdrive Query
From: "Enquiries Road & Track" <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 09:14:47 +1000
there are 2 versions of  P type I have found
one as per link was just a minor update of the J.... changes to valve
design, stiffer centre case same as Triumph Dollomite Sprint. commonly used
in volvos and as made up till recently and sold by "Gear Vendors" in USA

the version I have found in 740 turbo has a much bigger roller cell clutch
and bigger pins on the planet gears. these wont fit onto Triumph mainshafts
. externally they look almost the same

Terry O'Beirne
Australia
fot@autox.team.net