fot

Re: [Fot] Sadly a Sign of the times-

To: Robert MacKenzie <list@mackenzie.aero>, "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Sadly a Sign of the times-
From: Greg Petrolati <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:23:43 +0000
This is nothing new for AutoZone... I ran into the same problem back in
the
early "oughts" with my TR4. I wanted Bosch platinum spark plugs for
the
Greenman. I had crossed referenced them previously with a Saab plug, which I
previously happened across by accident in the auto department of Walmart. The
kid at the
 computer told me "there was no such spark plug as there wasn't
anything
 like a 1962 Triumph TR4 in his computer"... so it didn't exist... I
asked to see his manager then took the both of them out to the parking
lot to
show them the "nonexistent" car. When the manager started getting
pissy I
walked away. I went to NAPA where there were car guys and not shoe salesmen on
staff.

Greg Petrolati   Lafayette, Oregon