fot

Re: [Fot] PVGP

To: john hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] PVGP
From: Bill Babcock <ponobill@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 06:36:08 -1000
Cc: 'FOT' <fot@autox.team.net>
I did the race in Payote during the All Aluminum Tour. I doubt much has
changed, but my memory sucks. There's not much need for crew credentials, the
whole event is free to the public. There was a nice reception at the arboretum
that you'll want tickets for though. As I recall it was driver and one guest
for most of the race-related events.

The paddock is along a road in Schenly Park. The name escapes me, but it's an
infamous gay cruising area. Space is limited, get there early. I set Nero up
in a great spot. Tech is in the paddock, they do a fine job with all the
organizational stuff. One vehicle pass, there was no race gas available--I
brought my own. There was a race the weekend prior at BeaverRun, a very fun
little track. Good event, I topped off my gas jugs there and had plenty for
the PVGP. You don't get that much track time, so you won't use too much. Great
event, and lots of fun stuff going on the week before in the area close to the
park. We had a wondferful time.

Take it easy during the race, the track is pretty dangerous. I didn't take
that advice (given by Burt Levy) and didn't have a problem, but everything you
could hit is pretty hard, even if it has a hay bale in front of it.

On Apr 2, 2013, at 5:15 AM, john hasty <jhhasty@gdhs.com> wrote:

> Amici:  I plan on making the Schenley Park race in July, but am having
> trouble obtaining any information from their web site or from those listed
> on the site as to things such as:  Who do you make the entry fee check to?
> Where is the HQ or registration tent or building ?  Where is the paddock
> located?   Do they accept annual tech inspections from council member
> organizations?  How many vehicle passes?  How many crew included in entry?
> Will race gas be available?
>       I have a good video from  Bob Colaizzi's 7 that shows the track
> layout and racing line really good, and Map Quest shows me how to get to
> Pittsburg, the hotel and where the park is, but the rest of it remains a
> mystery..
>

> John H. Hasty
> Attorney At Law
> Guthrie, Davis, Henderson & Staton, P.L.L.C.
> 719 East Boulevard
> Charlotte, North Carolina 28203-5113
> Tele: (704) 372-5600
> Fax: (704) 372-4601
> E-mail: jhhasty@gdhs.com
> www.gdhs.com
>
> PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message (and any attachments)
is