fot

[Fot] VSCDA @ Gingerman Raceway...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] VSCDA @ Gingerman Raceway...
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 09:59:26 -0400 (EDT)
Full-name: BillDentin
Amici...

Bob Wismer tells me that VSCDA's annual opening event (and School) at
Gingerman Raceway this past week end was a big success.  He said some thirty
students, and over one hundred twenty racers showed up.  That's a full house at
Gingerman, and a good sign for the state of affairs.  All very good.

Gingerman is the only VSCDA event that I have never attended.  Its
traditional first week end in May dates conflict with the Kentucky Derby.
While I
don't build my own engines, I do spend a half a year handicapping all of the
prep races and getting ready for the Derby and the other Triple Crown races.
 My handicapping suggested VERRAZANO would win.  He came in 15th.  I bet on
GOLDENCENTS, a front runner who appeared to be a better bet on the sloppy
track.  He virtually quit (18th) after finding out he could not keep up with
the torrid pace of early race leader PALACE MALICE.  ORB, a horse I picked
to run third won the Derby and looked great.

Maybe I'll give building engines a try.

Bill (Damdinger)
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com