fot

[Fot] [VRG NewsGroup] Trailer tire info

To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] [VRG NewsGroup] Trailer tire info
From: Scott Janzen <Janzen@REcatalyst.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 08:59:15 -0400
I've been told that on a dual axle trailer, once a tire fails on one side, the
second is likely to go- either due to the sudden added load at speed, or
pieces of the adjacent tire beating on it as it disintegrates.
 I've had the same experience with tires lasting 4-5 years and then all
failing within a narrow time span - if they don't pick up a nail first.
Trailer tires seem to be magnets for punctures.
I now carry two spares at all times, and a plug kit.

I like the idea of going up a load range or two to keep them underloaded!
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive