fot

Re: [Fot] [VRG NewsGroup] Trailer tire info

To: Jim Norlin <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] [VRG NewsGroup] Trailer tire info
From: Bill Babcock <ponobill@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 11:41:43 -0700
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
One thing that makes trailer tires particularly prone to punctures is that
your truck drive wheels stand up nails. If your tire stands up nails often
enough your trailer will find one that's standing just as it runs over it.
It's the same reason you get nails in your back tires and not in your front.
The cure is the same as we used to do ot motorcycles--put a stiff flap in
front of the tires to knock the nails back down. On bikes it changed flats
from common to never.

On May 22, 2013, at 10:34 AM, Jim Norlin <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
wrote:

> We lost the right rear trailer tire on the way to the Kastner Cup race at
Laguna Seca.  It was near Stockton on a really bumpy concrete section of I5.
A passing driver started waving frantically at me as he passed - I never felt
or heard a thing.  It was pouring down rain and to top it off, the windshield
wiper motor conked out as I was driving down the freeway off ramp.  Put on my
spare and then found a replacement wheel and tire to carry with me as a spare.
I replaced all four of the remaining tires the next race weekend.  I had my
race tire dealer bring them to the track which was very convenient.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/norlinengineering@comcast.net