fot

Re: [Fot] INITIAL PRODUCT OFFERING. REAR MOUNT TR3/TR4

To: Bob Kramer <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] INITIAL PRODUCT OFFERING. REAR MOUNT TR3/TR4
From: "J. Wagner" <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 13:14:16 -0700
Cc: Bill Babcock <ponobill@gmail.com>, "fot@autox.team.net Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
> I like Bob's idea of injecting the void with silicone.
>
> On my street TR4A, many years ago, I trimmed and punched holes in piece of
brass shim stock that I put between the rear trans mount and tranny like a
gasket, but left a few inches of material hanging out along the front edge
that I strategically bent down to create an oil shield from the oil the
inevitably makes its way through the drain hole just below the clutch and
whatever other sources of motor oil that makes its way to this area.  It has
kept my rear mount bone dry for years.   I believe this has increased the life
of the mount quite significantly by keeping the degrading properties of oil
off the natural rubber.  Before this, it seems like I replaced a lot of mounts
on various Triumphs I have owned not so much from dry-cracking as much as
simply dissolving!

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive