fot

Re: [Fot] Copper Coat

To: tylerpthompson@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Copper Coat
From: steve <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 11:56:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Cc: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
I've had success using Kopper Kote (I think that's their funny way to spell
it.)  I cleaned the gasket and top of the block first with lacquer thinner and
let it dry.  Then I hung the gasket by a coat hanger and gave it a thin coat on
each side.  I let it dry for about 15 minutes and did it again.  I repeated
this until I had 3 coats. (wear a mask while spraying)  Finally, I placed the
gasket on the head (without the studs, then hand threaded each stud (ARP) into
the stud holes.

~Steve