fot

Re: [Fot] Aluminum rear brake drums

To: dlhogye@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Aluminum rear brake drums
From: Todd Redmond <alfetta95@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:46:41 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "FOT@autox.team.net FOT@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Fot

Thank you for all the responses.  Here's what I've learned so I'll
share.

The Datsun aluminum finned drums CAN be relined.  The company that has
done a set for a fellow FoT'er is  J&G Relinging at 815-276-2578 .
Approx. $175.00ea. But are as good as new, maybe better.
There are several aftermarket drums out there, prices range. Don't know
yet if the aftermarket ones are as good as the original or visa versa.
The normal modifications apply to all.

The saga continues . . . . . .

Todd