fot

Re: [Fot] SCCA Road America & HProd Spitfire Excitement

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] SCCA Road America & HProd Spitfire Excitement
From: robertten1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:52:10 -0400 (EDT)
Well,

Seems steering knuckles are failing on our Spits all of a sudden.  At my last
autocross a week ago I noticed a bit of play in my steering wheel ??  So
yesterday while checking over my Spit I remembered my steering wheel play.
Turns out my steering knuckle is about to fail thought it looks if I remove
the broken safety wires I will be able to tighten the 4 screws holding the
assembly together all will be good.  But, I think I should dig out one of the
three I have in my spares and compare as to which is best.

Is this a coincidence problem for our Spits at this time ?

Cheers,
Bob T