fot

Re: [Fot] Entries & Test & Overcrew

To: Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley <triosan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Entries & Test & Overcrew
From: Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:34:42 -0500
Cc: Friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Keith and Denise are coming, along with Simon Watson.

Not sure if John Clancy is coming yet.

Of course, Chris Marx is coming.

We had a couple cars from OZ coming for awhile, but business is holding them
home.

A lot of folks have put out an enormous amount of effort to be at this one.

We will have three old time TR drivers that flogged their Side Curtain TRs
around Europe in the 50s.   And raced them, too.

And on and on......what a deal.

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 20, 2013, at 6:19 PM, "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley"
<triosan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Timed the cam on my new block yesterday.  Back to work now [thought I had
retired but you know, these cars and racing are damn expensive],so not till
Friday will I get to the rest of it.  Expect to have a running car with new
engine and head by Sunday.  Will do a test day at Pacific Raceways Thursday
the 29th, then Saturday it is off to the big event. Am doing test and tune at
Ra on the 6th, and expect to be at the track just slightly before 5 on
Wednesday.  I have garage space.

> Had to rebuild the spare engine as the "good one" I have run for a year and
a half decided to spin a rod bearing -- on the outside.  Little damage, but
lots of oil heat.  The new head is only because I will run 13:1 compression.
The head I have been using is great also -- it was done by Richard Junkermeier
[of whom I have heard nothing for the last couple of years].

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive