fot

[Fot] Fwd: 89MM head gaskets

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: 89MM head gaskets
From: Joe Alexander <n197tr4@cs.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 14:47:05 -0500
Mark Macy of Macy's Garage is looking for a gasket for 89 mm conversion.

The Protrusion he mentions, I assume to be 3-4 thousandths.

What do you 89 mm racers use?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Mark Macy <triumph.guru@yahoo.com>
> Date: August 29, 2013, 2:37:42 PM CDT
> To: "n197tr4@cs.com" <n197tr4@cs.com>
> Subject: 89MM head gaskets
>
> Hi Joe:
>
> Mark Macy here.  I have a question which you might have an answer for.
>
> We're putting together our first 89mm engine, and I'm having difficulty
getting the head gasket to seal.  Have not fired the engine yet, but it keeps
leaking water into the oil from the head gasket.  Liners stand proud of the
block 3-4mm, and the head was resurfaced.  Have tried two of the Moss 89mm
head gaskets and my guess is that the steel rings around the cylinders are not
crushing enough to allow the thin "paper" gasket to seal the rest of the block
and head.  Is there a better gasket available, or am I missing something
different entirely?

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive