fot

Re: [Fot] Another production run of KAS Cup T-shirts

To: "Mark J Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>, "FOT" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Another production run of KAS Cup T-shirts
From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:37:37 -0400
I'll try to clear up any misinformation here, if there is any, because I'm
the guy who was directly involved. I was helping Marty distribute the
T-shirts on Friday morning and Christian Marx approached me hoping to get a
shirt, Small or Medium. Marty had no extras in those sizes and refused to
allow me to pilfer one assigned to another FOT who had not come by to pick
his up. Marty is an upstanding guy, I on the other hand was willing to take
the heat. Marty would have nothing of it. So knowing that Jeff Snook was at
home tending to a bad back I called Jeff and asked him if I could give his
shirt to Christian Marx. Jeff immediately said yes please give my shirt to
Christian. I offered to pay Jeff for the shirt and he refused to hear of it.
In Jeff's own words as best that I can recall he said "yes give my good
friend Chris my shirt". So that's the long and short of it, Christian was
pleased, Jeff was pleased and I didn't have to pilfer a shirt for Christian.
Later Peter Bulkowski wanted a shirt, Marty had some extra in his size so
our International Team TR8 got shirts and they were deserving of them, I
think all would agree.
JVV