fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 diff disassembly

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 diff disassembly
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 18:50:05 -0600
christopher bock wrote:
> Is the spit/gt6 diff kind of the same thing?  Where you need to squeeze the
> case to get the diff out?
>
> I haven't gotten to disassemble the diff in my spit but couldn't you grind a
> little of the case away to make removal easier?

Yes, you could set it up so the carrier and its bearings are easy to
drop in and easy to pull out.
Which would be nice, because you would be doing it a LOT.  With no
preload and a few thousandths
of slop, the bearings will be destroying themselves on a regular basis.
And as the carrier shifts
back and forth messing up the mesh between the pinion and crown gear,
you'd hear odd noises,
really odd noises when it would be time to replace those, too.

mjb.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive