fot

Re: [Fot] Reproduction Steering Racks

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Reproduction Steering Racks
From: TR4 Tony <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 09:20:37 +0000
Cc: FOT List <fot@autox.team.net>
Hi Tony

I'm afraid I'd be very doubtful of it personally, although clearly I have no
knowledge of what exactly you have-  you need to check it carefully. The
issues are;

The tube pulls out if the pinion housing
The pinion nut falls off
The threads on the track rod ends aren't always machined properly

I suggest you check with MOSS - I learned yesterday that MOSS Europe have
'frozen' sales of racks in the UK - I'm not sure what that means exactly, but
they have agreed to meet with me to discuss my problem at least.

Meanwhile I'm using a modified rack before the Titan parts arrive - I will not
countenance a rack as supplied by MOSS for fear of our and others safety.

Regards

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

> On 8 Nov 2013, at 19:08, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:
>
> FYI - I've got a Moss Quick Rack that I was planning to install this winter
- says "Made in Argentina" clearly on the sticker on it.  Guess I'll stick
with the old stock one that's in the TR4.