fot

Re: [Fot] The Bigger Picture

To: BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] The Bigger Picture
From: Bud R <levilevi@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 09:13:51 -0700
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
References: <8D0BA6711D1C1FD-1FC-8D58F@webmail-m217.sysops.aol.com> s=q20121106; t=1385655233; bh=dzJisC9HLBoKmpnNEt/X65tz4OWHLrcX5+XhvYcs1sw=; h=Received:Received:Message-Id:From:To:Content-Type:Subject: Mime-Version:Date; b=lp0Mf1Aj9kpB7OZWnL67BsdbZNMzqTMK23oJGOi2OUJbsBhR7mZQZ6n5cpfVT2Nsf uq3DTdUD9CM2ql7wuELPaG4fn/rf6ukDVrSM8nmCCioKOaUv+7xmTzWmAqjX6IY+DQ DPS8mEOzGVe01acdDDq0m+/4DV54Ty9M1Kx+6M5mfwWuHX/IlTsn5lqrCT/zAb8vbd yNj6yjiegfin05FZlVHiRn14K3EgFZA+MH4vNsq56xEo2Pnjc5KhYH1IH6Zxt7xvWx SK5yXLLtzcf2CyemPDsOBclDLsh5O3bZMAEgvVV1zH8vwM5soVIdAb0/HKs2/K35LC MM8p8jbMCj4fQ==
I saw more young people with Triumphs at VTR2013 this past October
than I had at previous VTRs. I've had similar concerns about the
future of vintage cars and vintage racing but was encouraged by what I
saw. I made a point to engage some of the younger folks in
conversations about their cars and was happy to see a lot of the same
dedication and enthusiasm that we have. They share our love of good
looking cars and going fast so there is hope.

There are quite a few young people racing in the Rocky Mountain
Vintage Racing races and in our little segment of  Triumph racers
there's a twenty YO that has already been racing a couple years in a
TR4. His younger brother (16) already has his a TR6 that he's working
on. When you see young people at these shows and races talk to them.
They know cool when they see it and a little encouragement goes a long
ways.

Happy Thanksgiving
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)