fot

[Fot] Tire clearance

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Tire clearance
From: fmccjr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 15:03:15 -0500
Hello,
I am refurbishing a tr3 that was raced in Oklahoma in the early '80s by John
Holsenback.
Vintage racing requires steel fenders. My problem is that the car has a tr 4
axle, and I have to change the offset on the tr6 steel wheels I intend to use.
My question is: how far do racing tires protrude from the rims, and how much
clearance should I allow for tire movement, side to side?  (Car has a panhard
rod)
Also, did anyone have knowledge of the car? Reddish, # 67, raced at Hallett
Speedway, 1981-85.
Thanks!
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com