fot

Re: [Fot] Tire clearance - TR6 steel wheels

To: "malaboge@aol.com" <malaboge@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Tire clearance - TR6 steel wheels
From: Jack Mc <LimeyV8@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 09:40:10 -0500
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
The centers tear out of  TR6 steel wheels when you race them - even on DOT
tires. When (not if) this happens, you will likely feel it in time to stop
before the wheel tears completely apart.
At least one of my RifRAF racing teammates on this list  can tell you what it
feels like.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad

> On Dec 8, 2013, at 2:46 PM, malaboge@aol.com wrote:
>
> can't help on the 4 axle under your 3...BUT do not use the TR6 steel wheels
> for any sort of "serious" motoring...they break! They usually crack around
the
> flat center section that butts against the drum in a circular pattern.  No
fun
> to see your wheel pass you all by itself!
>
> no wheelies so far...
> Nick in Nor Cal

John