fot

Re: [Fot] Battery Advice Needed

To: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman@gmail.com>,fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Battery Advice Needed
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 12:41:07 -0600
Seems like it could be a useful safety device, but it's also
something else to go wrong with the car.  I've gone to the lengths to
take out any unnecessary splice / junction in the wiring after a DNF
due to a blown fuse.

I use a high amperage switch (no relays) on its own circuit for the
fuel pump.  Both this switch and the emergency kill switch are within
my reach - kill switch I have to unclip the arm restraint for,
however.  If I'm unable to operate the switches, I've got a problem though.

Having the fuel shut itself off in the heat of the battle is
unwelcome, and I personally lean towards ensuring that's as hard to
happen as possible.

Cheers, Tony Drews