fot

Re: [Fot] Heavy Duty Axles

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Heavy Duty Axles
From: Mike Munson <fasttrs@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:50:49 -0600
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
 The early axles that Mark Weathers made were supplied with washers that had a
D shaped hole. If you aren't careful the flat will turn onto the thread when
you tighten the nut damaging the threads. (BTDT) It's best to used regular
round washers with these axles.
 Hope this helps.

Mike Munson
#28 EP TR6

> On Jan 12, 2014, at 6:19 PM, "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> You can ping me on or off list... just curious - has anyone had any problems
with the castellated nuts for the heavy duty axle kits? I wound up stripping
the threads on a stub axle today and everything points at the castellated
nut.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive