fot

[Fot] TR6 PI question

To: Terry O'Beirne <enquiries@roadandtrack.net.au>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR6 PI question
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 07:52:22 -0700
Group and Terry:
I am singling Terry in addition to the entire group because I
know he has a lot of experience in this set-up.
We have acquired a real TR6 PI
(CP commission number) and I am having a problem with the PI system. It has a
Bosch pump and everything appears to be plumbed correctly. I have timed
the fuel distributor valve as the book says (multiple times) but, if I have
the injectors out and I turn on the ignition #6 injector sprays all the time
and the others never appear to spray. I have raw fuel coming from the tailpipe
(which I think it would seeing that 6 sprays continuously), but the car will
run to some degree, though it has no power. The valve appears to rotate as I
see the holes open and close in sequence with the firing order. I am leaning
towards the distributor valve being bad but could the car run even half-ass
with only 6 spraying? Is there a balance tube of sorts like on a carb model
that might allow some fuel to the other cylinders? Am I hopelessly doomed?
(just kidding).
Any guidance is appreciated since this is the first PI I have
had.
Thanks in advance - Ed
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com