fot

[Fot] Southwick bearing issue

To: Friends of Triumph <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Southwick bearing issue
From: davehogye <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 16:55:34 +0000 (UTC)
Thread-index: SXlB5qeIVDVNEQw7DCvOYc22rUyS2Q== s=q20140121; t=1409590534; bh=q391ab47MxtAgO4LSn793FbNvq4+PayBceJRiRxJTP8=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=bO5C7jvI/DafSMiRYNWQCjZNKshECkR8ICe29GaKRnhkkeHp01SnzX72rY1r1PMjA hUeKwUGOd9IXbpXD47bd/Rz+dt9WhI2s6BAM4cXnklXkCWjZZsmllJILnOFVpuJ0kT tqvfrdWj6H9kXnS5/Th9cK50ksHFaeCsmN8NPsgfvJjOVvSqH9nbqmfT/MIVO7/8TW X3wn9OsgQnILRYw1kH515YMwRc172rPbyT6AIIpLiNN2itKUATa5WGuAic0pCduW5O kvnFjiaXFlQIzr5Pd6tUxMBCI6cJowIxPYIpfrDe/ej64EQIuZaKHrj/nTZtvVux0Q kdl5YfQ3PDlNA==
Hello Friends,
I was looking into the fact that an axle seal on my Southwick conversion blew,
or at least I thought it was a seal problem, but I just pulled the axle out and
found that the outer race had cracked through.
I thought I had something going on because while watching my race video from
last October I heard what sounded like a bearing or perhaps gear whine when I
pulled into the paddock after the race. The sound wasn't obvious until I heard
it on the vid.
Anyway, during a recent check of things I noticed grease was slinging out of
the seal and onto the brake plate. I was thinking how the heck did the seal
fail in such a short time.
Now I'm wondering how the heck the race broke.
WTF,
Dave
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com