fot

Re: [Fot] Quaife

To: Robert Blake <rblake36@yahoo.com> s=q20140121; t=1409854227; bh=MXktnTxFBTIiSpQXDBvFhQwV0bd/G+Ova5mD2Y4942A=; h=Received:Received:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Message-Id:From: Subject:Date:To; b=dDo2pQM8aSoYQy2MQ6+iiSQzZz6hmeO2rGDJIbSEHBQIkFE6NIhszHcbmCrh0v9WS FIizV61MA8wXC/ANLJdnzYXPJpjDrN3mjjShojGQnmAcmJcBfdvtOGW4DFvRZy9nze jfNfuQJEQbNoSkokij1BREdB7nH2uaUIZw45xzkEH7Y5qnv5Nv+yWzLJj/9qlxM+qw k2wYzNNTJ5nKIuCwo5HfHJNllSI4iLUVJBN1BIcklnJ8HMbBS1dr1qlhEJXcSf0eJ1 3X57YrWB18NCDKrZ07TuchjcODwSJA5lqToXHiOQ1IW/k70BYOMA2599x4T1eH6j1K QNBxuXkZA3gow==
Subject: Re: [Fot] Quaife
From: Dave <dlhogye@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 11:10:32 -0700
Cc: Friends of Triumph <Fot@autox.team.net>
Wow Bob,
I just sent a message to Quaife as I got your message, saying they need to
provide information regarding setting up their diffs.
The rear end shop that set up and installed my TransX should have known better
too.
I quess Southwick send you my bearing retaining collars.  I had to go out and
buy Timkins that came with the retaining collar get my car back together for
yesterday's event at $82 a piece.
The roll pin in the centering pin needs to be driven out to one side and then
the pin can be removed.
The roll pin broke on mine, so the pin halves were lying in the axle tube once
I removed the axles.
I don't think there is anyway to remove the roll pin with the diff in the rear
end.
Give me a call if you'd like,
Dave
831-234-4928

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 4, 2014, at 10:43 AM, Robert Blake <rblake36@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Dave,
>
> We just finished the installation of the Southwick axle on my TR4 this past
weekend when we saw your post about issues with your axle.  I have since
called Southwick for their input (remove the buttons) and emailed to Quaife
for their input and advise.  I would appreciate any advice you can offer on
the proper removal of the centering buttons and any other information you can
provide.

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive