fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 clutch

To: "David Kettler" <dkettler1@charter.net>, "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 clutch
From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 18:54:28 -0400 a=/SXGE5kDesdBB+LWuquHZQ==:117 a=/SXGE5kDesdBB+LWuquHZQ==:17 a=ayC55rCoAAAA:8 a=zTVDa7HKqxcA:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=doupyKFmAAAA:8 a=l-TxZ7O1AfrZQMk9XDUA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10
Several years ago (30+) after being frustrated with TR4A clutch failures I
approached the local Borg and Beck rebuilder (now long gone) and he said
he'd rebuild my PP using a diaphragm spring from a Rover V-8 PP. He also
supplied a new disc that was supposed to be an upgrade but I don't recall
what was different from an OE disc. Since then I have not had any clutch
issues. I did replace the disc once just because I was in there and thought
that I should. Maybe someone out there in TR land knows more about the Rover
clutch spring and could jump in with knowledge. I can say I have not had any
issues with slippage since then and it's a very positive engagement.
JVV