fot

Re: [Fot] GT6 transmission

To: damys@charter.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] GT6 transmission
From: Scott Janzen <sjanzen@me.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 21:52:38 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net
I gave up on the GT6 box a few years ago, destroying third gear every other
weekend, and put in a TR6 box with a close ratio gearset sourced from British
Frame and Engine.  It's been extremely reliable, and it's all Triumph.

I run a 3.8_ rear (3.89?) and on most tracks I don't miss a fifth gear.  Some
people swear by the overdrive transmissions, but I know others that have
regular problems.