fot

[Fot] Need help with PI -- no fuel to injectors

To: Friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Need help with PI -- no fuel to injectors
From: "Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 20:08:50 -0700

--089e0122e764379a9e05179463cd

Just did some work on the car -- replacing thrust washers and rear main
seal.  Took engine out to do repairs as the thrust washers are pinned in.
Removed the drive unit and pi assembly, but did not remove head or timing
cover .  Put engine on a stand upside down.  Put all back together,
installed everything.  Engine would not start.  Timing correct.  Valve
timing correct.  Checked injectors, number two was leaking all the time
even when the fuel pump was on, even with no engine rotation/starting
attempt.  Couple other injectors were not injecting at all and a couple
were spraying fine.  Ig removed number two banjo bolt and replaced the two
o-rings.  Reinstalled.  Checked injectors and now none were spraying -- was
not even any pulsing in the lines.

Removed PI unit and disassembled the metering unit.  Movable stop came out
fine, shuttle and fixed stop did not.  Removed number one injector hose
inlet and rotated the rotor till I could see the hole.  Blew in some
compressed air and the movable stop came out.  No shuttle.  Strange.
Removed the drive unit and holding plate and pushed the shuttle out.  I had
put the pieces together wrong at least two years ago -- do not know how the
car ever ran as well as it did!

Put the pieces back together correctly, reinstalled and tested.  Still no
pulsor gas.

Check fuel pressure -- good, checked to see gas was actually coming into
the metering unit -- good.  So now I am stumped -- what is keeping the unit
from functioning?

--089e0122e764379a9e05179463cd

serif;font-size:small">Just did some work on the car -- replacing thrust wa=
shers and rear main seal.=C2=A0 Took engine out to do repairs as the thrust=
 washers are pinned in.=C2=A0 Removed the drive unit and pi assembly, but d=
id not remove head or timing cover .=C2=A0 Put engine on a stand upside dow=
n.=C2=A0 Put all back together, installed everything.=C2=A0 Engine would no=
t start.=C2=A0 Timing correct.=C2=A0 Valve timing correct.=C2=A0 Checked in=
jectors, number two was leaking all the time even when the fuel pump was on=
, even with no engine rotation/starting attempt.=C2=A0 Couple other injecto=
rs were not injecting at all and a couple were spraying fine.=C2=A0 Ig remo=
ved number two banjo bolt and replaced the two o-rings.=C2=A0 Reinstalled.=
=C2=A0 Checked injectors and now none were spraying -- was not even any pul=
sing in the lines.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:g=
eorgia,serif;font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=
=3D"font-family:georgia,serif;font-size:small">Removed PI unit and disassem=
bled the metering unit.=C2=A0 Movable stop came out fine, shuttle and fixed=
 stop did not.=C2=A0 Removed number one injector hose inlet and rotated the=
 rotor till I could see the hole.=C2=A0 Blew in some compressed air and the=
 movable stop came out.=C2=A0 No shuttle.=C2=A0 Strange.=C2=A0 Removed the =
drive unit and holding plate and pushed the shuttle out.=C2=A0 I had put th=
e pieces together wrong at least two years ago -- do not know how the car e=
ver ran as well as it did!</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-=
family:georgia,serif;font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default=
" style=3D"font-family:georgia,serif;font-size:small">Put the pieces back t=
ogether correctly, reinstalled and tested.=C2=A0 Still no pulsor gas.</div>=
mall"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:georgia,s=
erif;font-size:small">Check fuel pressure -- good, checked to see gas was a=
ctually coming into the metering unit -- good.=C2=A0 So now I am stumped --=
 what is keeping the unit from functioning?</div></div>

--089e0122e764379a9e05179463cd--

--===============6605762447245439449==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com