fot

Re: [Fot] Need help with PI -- no fuel to injectors

To: Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley <triosan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Need help with PI -- no fuel to injectors
From: John Hasty <jhasty@mhc-law.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 03:29:01 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: Friends <fot@autox.team.net>
Injectors?

Sent from my iPhone

Just did some work on the car -- replacing thrust washers and rear main seal.
Took engine out to do repairs as the thrust washers are pinned in.  Removed the
drive unit and pi assembly, but did not remove head or timing cover .  Put
engine on a stand upside down.  Put all back together, installed everything.
Engine would not start.  Timing correct.  Valve timing correct.  Checked
injectors, number two was leaking all the time even when the fuel pump was on,
even with no engine rotation/starting attempt.  Couple other injectors were not
injecting at all and a couple were spraying fine.  Ig removed number two banjo
bolt and replaced the two o-rings.  Reinstalled.  Checked injectors and now
none were spraying -- was not even any pulsing in the lines.

Removed PI unit and disassembled the metering unit.  Movable stop came out
fine, shuttle and fixed stop did not.  Removed number one injector hose inlet
and rotated the rotor till I could see the hole.  Blew in some compressed air
and the movable stop came out.  No shuttle.  Strange.  Removed the drive unit
and holding plate and pushed the shuttle out.  I had put the pieces together
wrong at least two years ago -- do not know how the car ever ran as well as it
did!

Put the pieces back together correctly, reinstalled and tested.  Still no
pulsor gas.

Check fuel pressure -- good, checked to see gas was actually coming into the
metering unit -- good.  So now I am stumped -- what is keeping the unit from
functioning?

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

fot@autox.team.net