fot

Re: [Fot] IRS diff overheating

To: Greg And Alison Blake <ablake2@austin.rr.com>, Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] IRS diff overheating
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 22:42:54 -0500
I'm not running an IRS, and my diff is Ford 8", but I ran into an
interesting thing with the vent line.  I'd puke a bunch of gear lube
out of the vent.  I put it in a catch can and would put a bunch of
gear lube into the catch can.  I ended up plumbing the vent into the
BOTTOM of the catch can so that the oil would run back into the diff
between sessions.  Totally solved that particular problem.

If you puke out the oil, it can't lubricate the diff.

I'm running a detroit locker, plate type LSD's generate much more heat.

Cheers, Tony