fot

Re: [Fot] tr3 clutch stuck

To: BillDentin <billdentin@aol.com>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] tr3 clutch stuck
From: Kas Kastner <kaskastner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:15:29 -0700

--001a11c3da106e40b20519591a03

Yes, the stuck clutch happened a lot on the new TR-3 cars just off the
ship.  They did have wood bumpers to protect the front of the cars during
shipping.  We would just roll the car up to a brick wall or telephone
pole that was handy, put the foot on the clutch pedal and hit the starter.
Worked every time and saved pulling the gearbox.

*Never be beaten by equipment.*

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 7:18 AM, <billdentin@aol.com> wrote:

> Amici...
>
> Fine details elude me right now, but seem's like Kas share a procedure for
> this with me a long time ago and this happened to my TR3 in the paddock.
> It was something he had used from time to time when he was still handling
> the new stock arriving in California from England.  I think it involved
> staging the car against a brick/block or other sturdy wall, and then trying
> to work the drive train free, using the wall to prevent catastrophe.  I
> never tried it, and quite frankly it struck me as a bit scary...but let's
> face it...if it was something Kas used...I am sure it worked.
>
> I probably have the details bassackward, but maybe Kas will chime in.
>
> Bill Dentinger.

just off the ship.=C2=A0 They did have wood bumpers to protect the front of=
 the cars during shipping.=C2=A0 We would just roll=C2=A0the car=C2=A0up to=
 a brick wall or telephone pole=C2=A0that was handy, put the foot on the cl=
utch pedal=C2=A0and hit the starter.=C2=A0 Worked every time and saved pull=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:billdentin@aol.com"; target=3D"_blank">billde=
le=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><font =
color=3D"black" face=3D"arial" size=3D"2">
transparent">Amici...</font></div>

dure for this with me a long time ago and this happened to my TR3 in the pa=
ddock.=C2=A0 It was something he had used from time to time when he was sti=
ll handling the new stock arriving in California from England.=C2=A0 I thin=
k it involved staging the car against a brick/block or other sturdy wall, a=
nd then trying to work the drive train free, using the wall to prevent cata=
strophe.=C2=A0 I never tried it, and quite frankly it struck me as a bit sc=
ary...but let&#39;s face it...if it was something Kas used...I am sure it w=
orked.</div>

/div>

Original Message-----<br>