fot

[Fot] Engine Building Tip Needed

To: "Triumph 'Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Engine Building Tip Needed
From: John Styduhar <johnstydo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 13:34:08 -0400

--001a113f993ebeee080519e7d8b9

On a TR4 engine build, I usually install the lifters and head as soon as
the liners w/pistons and rods are seated in the block.  I like to flip the
engine upside down on the stand to install and torque the conrod caps but
the lifters will fall out unless there is a way to hold them in place. I
could install the rocker arm assembly and pushrods before flipping but I
need to rotate the crank to set a nominal lash and risk nicking up the
crank journals.
Has anyone seen or made a gizmo that holds the valve lifters in their bore
when the TR4 engine is turned upside down on an engine stand and the
pushrod and rocker arm assembly has been removed (or not been installed)?
If the lifters fall out, that would means cylinder head removal.  Certainly
Kas has had to deal with this delimma in his TR engine building
experience.  What is your trick Kas?

Thanks

--001a113f993ebeee080519e7d8b9

a TR4 engine build, I usually install the lifters and head as soon as the l=
iners w/pistons and rods are seated in the block.=C2=A0 I like to flip the =
engine upside down on the stand to install and torque the conrod caps but t=
he lifters will fall out unless there is a way to hold them in place. I cou=
ld install the rocker arm assembly and pushrods before flipping but I need =
to rotate the crank to set a nominal lash and risk nicking up the crank jou=
rnals.=C2=A0</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">Ha=
s anyone seen or made a gizmo that holds the valve lifters in their bore wh=
en the TR4 engine is turned upside down on an engine stand and the pushrod =
and rocker arm assembly has been removed (or not been installed)?=C2=A0 If =
the lifters fall out, that would means cylinder head removal.=C2=A0 Certain=
ly Kas has had to deal with this delimma in his TR engine building=C2=A0</d=
iv><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">experience.=C2=A0=
 What is your trick Kas?</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-si=

--001a113f993ebeee080519e7d8b9--

--===============5244761352028391870==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com