fot

Re: [Fot] Engine Building Tip Needed

To: John Styduhar <johnstydo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Engine Building Tip Needed
From: toodamnfunky@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 19:19:02 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Thread-index: B5B7DdWMvD5pSEqMp5FvkbkOUvhxeQ== s=q20140121; t=1435864742; bh=NcO/nMnFUvRGf7emKRMVImmUdVMkbVIaTXse6xdC4sU=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=VG3VjjrIdSHOj/unoc37yhJv+torsjfbMRvKpwcEFYfvCQXqtYR86oK/ut+hTnavm ZHOVOuT47pXPUyeW37JhGQDS6dJ27RPz0DE5V+DwhRgAaZQsQhTY2ZIUJK6EWzkf6X nC1D4Lkdj/0h0GhaR5R2n4Wewmj4lbRKcnx7dqYBmvinT85l+Df9ww5ucScKHbSG/3 wrKwcOW1hFqnJo2y85Evncqsta4Er53G0kzrHKrKU1caCd/MIYs3ZPIfyQmkUtnag+ usQ6MX8CkOZETQS732FcwVfCSScmjDpcEIIcXcnrrYeA3P+owtVl/EjHakBRcI4j8U W+e2NFuuZVWGg==

------=_Part_4516949_611017231.1435864742324

This is just one way to do it ( of many I'm sure )=20
Liners first, sealant on the base gaskets. Torque plate on ( or cylinder he=
ad ) torqued to 75% of spec. leave overnight.=20
Next the cam=C2=A0while I can still get my hands on it so I don't nick anyt=
hing, fully lub'd.=20
Crank & rear main seal with a little silicone sealant left overnight so as =
not to disturb it.=20
Next day rods/pistons, time the cam, oil pump, pan, tc tensioner, cover, ba=
lancer, lifters ( +more lube), head....in the car it goes.=20
Pushrods & rockers last.=20
I have managed to get lifters back in their bores with a magnetic retriever=
 through the pushrod tubes but I think it was more luck than skill.=20
I only had to do it once, lesson learned=20
jim g=20