fot

Re: [Fot] Floor jack

To: tr3a58@verizon.net, Janzen@REcatalyst.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Floor jack
From: billdentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 11:41:12 -0400
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

------=_Part_41343_931012888.1459179672274

Scott...

While I subscribe to Dean's position as well, especially the willingness to
allow for quality in the purchase decision.  An issue is will the jack you buy
from Sears today be as good as the one Dean bought from Sears thirty years ago.
 A fly in the ointment is poor Sears and many others like them have been
cutting corners in an effort to compete with the 'looks good cheapo stuff' on
the market.  Shirley and I have been buying Kenmore appliances from Sears since
1959.  That old stuff used to work with no problems whatsoever for decades.
Much of the new stuff comes with a six month guarantee.  The sales clerks are
quick to add, "You should really consider buying a Owner's Warranty policy.
It's a good idea".  We're on a first name basis with our kitchen home appliance
repair man.  We share a, "They don't build them like they used to...."
philosophy.  Of course from his side of the table...that's not a bad thing.

Hopefully others who have purchased jacks more recently can chime in with their
experience.

Bill Dentinger