fot

[Fot] Cracked Head

To: "'fot@autox.team.net'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Cracked Head
From: damys@charter.net
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 06:15:49 -0600

--=_4813401fdb1a83ded96e5bd36f9d494a

=0A=0A=09Started our GT6 Tuesday night to load it in the trailer for Elk=
hart=0Aand heard clanking. Thought we had sucked something into the inta=
ke.=0ATurns out the exhaust seat in number 1 cylinder came loose and was=
=0Apulverized. Found a 1/2" crack between the intake and exhaust.=0ARema=
rkably, no damage to the valves. Lots of seat dust on top of the=0Apisto=
n.=0A=0A=09My head guy thinks he can pin the crack and overlap the seats=
 to=0Arepair it. I've probably read where this has been done before but=
=0Acan't remember. =0A=0A=09Has anybody done this with success? Is there=
 a water jacket between=0Athe exhaust and intake? What are the possible=
 causes for this crack?=0A=0A=09Thanks,=0A=0A=09Dave and Alex

--=_4813401fdb1a83ded96e5bd36f9d494a

or Elkhart and heard clanking. Thought we had sucked something into the=
 intake. Turns out the exhaust seat in number 1 cylinder came loose and=
 was pulverized.&nbsp; Found a 1/2" crack between the intake and exhaust=
. Remarkably, no damage to the valves. Lots of seat dust on top of the p=
iston.</p><p>My head guy thinks he can pin the crack and overlap the sea=
ts to repair it.&nbsp; I've probably read where this has been done befor=
e but can't remember. </p><p>Has anybody done this with success?&nbsp; I=
s there a water jacket between the exhaust and intake?&nbsp; What are th=

--=_4813401fdb1a83ded96e5bd36f9d494a--

--===============0077251123361804650==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com