fot

[Fot] Stub axle separation

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Stub axle separation
From: Yellow04 <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 07:41:06 -0400
Steve,

I'm in the same boat as Charly, and conversations with numerous people on the
subject revealed we are by no means alone!

What you are describing sounds very much like what I have repeatedly attempted.
Once the factory bond is broken, I have no trouble servicing the stub axle with
my 20 ton press, but getting them to let go that first time has required a trip
to a shop with bigger toys that I have.

As a picture is worth a thousand words, any chance you can post one of a stub
axle in your 20 ton rig and where you are punching the flange?

Since I started racing an IRS car, this care and feeding of the diff is taking
some getting used to...

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive