fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 splash guard question

To: gblake58tr3@icloud.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 splash guard question
From: fubog1 <fubog1@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 15:51:23 -0400

------=_Part_88372_1079924849.1474314683118

I can't seem to be able to open the attachment but from the description you are
referring to the vertical front inner splash shield (closing) panels, held on
by 6 or 7 1/4 inch fasteners?
The splash panel is supposed to be sealed.
There is an indentation in the bottom edge of the fender to provide drainage
for the water that leaks in from above, the rear outer corners of the bonnet
opening. They are supposed to be sealed, they never are.
On several that I have done, I've welded the corners solid & then drilled a
hole & welded a nipple on the bottom, sort of formed a "funnel" under those low
points, and plumbed it directly down through the sill. That catches all of the
water from the top low points.
With that, and the front closing panels sealed, water can't get in.
HTH
Glen