fot

[Fot] variation in Timken carrier bearing width?

To: FOT list <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] variation in Timken carrier bearing width?
From: Jason Sukey <jsukey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 08:59:04 -0400

--94eb2c11898ad852df053da50a66

Has anyone else noticed rather large variation in carrier bearing width's
when rebuilding a spitfire differential?  The one I'm building right now,
I've replaced what I suspect are the original bearings (Timken England)
with brand new Timken USA bearings.  In order to reach the required .004"
preload, it will require .012" LESS total shim than what was in there
originally.  That seems like a big difference with the only variable being
new bearings.  I'm using the same housing, same carrier, the bearings
visually look to be fully pressed home.  Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Jason Sukey

--94eb2c11898ad852df053da50a66

bearing width&#39;s when rebuilding a spitfire differential?=C2=A0 The one =
I&#39;m building right now, I&#39;ve replaced what I suspect are the origin=
al bearings (Timken England) with brand new Timken USA bearings.=C2=A0 In o=
rder to reach the required .004&quot; preload, it will require .012&quot; L=
ESS total shim than what was in there originally.=C2=A0 That seems like a b=
ig difference with the only variable being new bearings.=C2=A0 I&#39;m usin=

--===============2618444037927873658==

fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive