fot

Re: [Fot] That Looong Race 2016

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] That Looong Race 2016
From: Jason Ostrowski <jason@multivintage.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 10:55:16 -0500
Cc: triumph friends <fot@autox.team.net>

--001a113d11660ba9f1053f9e6bf5

Tony said it Man. We really had a great Triumph showing.
In the midst of our own awesome battle, we passed a bunch of cars by using
an impressive drivers edge.
Smart race tact, allowed us to pass several faster cars by thinking about
when to make the right moves.
Passing and pulling away from that Camero took pushing the limit of my car
to a new level.
And caused the damn thing to overheat.
Pulling out on the last couple laps was a tough decision. But with water
soaking my feet and temp up at 250 it was the right choice.
This was one of my best races ever and handing the trophy over to my pal
Tony was ok by me.
Great race Tony..
We showed even the muscle car crowd that you just don't mess us Triumphs!

Jason Ostrowski
Friendly Ghost Racing
1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> but Rumor has it that=C3=82 another=C3=82 big man won't be a no show.
>> Bill Detinger is flying in from sin city just to see our show.
>> Of course it'd really more about his=C3=82 mini Beady Eyed loved ones=C3=
=82 going
>> trick or treating and hitting the track=C3=82 for the big wheel race.
>> I suppose its anyone's game.
>> Sean has been strong and consistent all year, I'm running a back up moto=
>> in my yellow car; and the young Alex Amys=C3=82 has built=C3=82 a real l=
ooker of a
>> GT6.
>> Alex came out to Road America this fall and it was a real=C3=82 treat to=
 see
>> his fresh GT6.
>> He and his dad David have done a wonderful job so=C3=82 far,
>> Their spectacular white #84 GT6; gets a high grade cosmetically and is
>> top notch from an engineering standpoint.=C3=82
>> I hope to show them what a little patina is worth.
>> As for Sean, I'm not sure if my old #27 has enough meat on it's bones to
>> take the top.
>> Anyway, if you are into Triumphs; can't exactly skip a=C3=82 flat stone =
in the
>> ocean,=C3=82 and are not racing this weekend yourself...
>> It seems the only reasonable that you head to Blackhawk Farms right now.
>> Beacause=3D
>> A) My awesome daughter Naomi is going for a "3 peat" win in the big whee=
>> race.
>> B) Damndinger rented a garage just to host a wine and cheese party.
>> C) Some goon is racing a Plymouth Barracuda.
>> D) Scott Barr is bringing a Magnesium wheel to "White Light" burn on the
>> Friendly Ghost Racing Bon Fire.
>> (yes this is the race where we get really crazy and burn truckloads of
>> wood and stuffed animals and light up the sky burning all kinds of nutty=
=C3=82
>> melting shit).
>> E) The legendary Glade Snodgrass will be racing a spitfire that could
>> explode at any minute.
>> F) Joe Alexander needs to measure the size of your valve cover for his
>> next Gasket Innovation.
>> G)=C3=82 Perhaps a young and Fresh GT6 builder gets corrupted by a bunch=
 of
>> Mad GT6 hooligans in turn 2. (Yes David and Alex that is an invitation t=
>> paddock near us in the scary side of the track; out in the woods by turn=
 2)
>> if you dare.
>> H) We party and burn stuff on=C3=82 Saturday... and=C3=82 Race on Sunday=
.
>> =C3=82 I) What happens at the Looong Race stays at the Looong Race.
>> X) Yep, this is the big one.
>>
>> If you can't make it, just look up into the Midwestern sky at about 8 pm
>> central time=C3=82 on Saturday night. The orange light you see is our=C3=
=82 epic
>> campfire...=C3=82 a symbol of Triumphs Burning everywhere.

ng. </div><div>In the midst of our own awesome battle, we passed a bunch of=
 cars=C2=A0by using an impressive drivers edge.</div><div>Smart race tact, =
allowed us to=C2=A0pass several faster cars by thinking about when to make =
the right moves.</div><div>Passing and pulling away from that Camero=C2=A0t=
ook pushing the limit of my car to a new level. </div><div>And=C2=A0caused =
the damn thing to overheat.</div><div>Pulling out on the last couple laps w=
as a tough decision. But with water soaking my feet and temp up at 250 it w=
as the right choice.</div><div>This was one of my best races ever and handi=
ng the trophy over to my pal Tony was ok by me.</div><div>Great race Tony..=
"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 8:30 P=
M, Tony Drews <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tony@tonydrews.com"; t=
ass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;p=
adding-left:1ex">Race report:<br>
Awesome weekend.=C2=A0 Wine and Cheese in the Drews / Dentinger garage was =
well attended and went on after Drews departed.=C2=A0 I&#39;m told the bonf=
ire was pretty epic, some seem to have hazy memory of it.<br>
Of the Triumph contingent, only Drews and Alex Amys made it the whole weeke=
nd.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Congrat&#39;s Alex, you looked great out there=C2=A0 Jason =
ALMOST made it but retired 2 laps from the end of the last 25 lap race with=
 overheating.=C2=A0 Both Jason and Shawn Alexander beat me in the 1st 25 la=
pper (I chased Shawn all the way but couldn&#39;t quite get close enough).=
=C2=A0 Shawn was pushing out water and decided that running the 2nd race wo=
uld be a bad idea if he had a head gasket going.=C2=A0 I concur but would h=
ave liked to have him out there.=C2=A0 In the 2nd race I ended up first hol=
ding off Jason (who had to slow for a spinning 240 Z and I opportunisticall=
y passed him) then trying very hard (and semi-successfully) to keep up with=
 him, then trying to keep up with a Camaro SS that Jason passed.=C2=A0 I ho=
unded the Camaro, he eventually bailed and as I was closing back in on Jaso=
n with 3 to go he pulled off.=C2=A0 Still, all of the triumphs drove onto t=
he trailers, a good time was had by all.<br>
Jason&#39;s daughter did pull off the 3peat in the big wheel race - those a=
re the highlight of the weekend.<span><br>
Tony Drews<br>
At 01:25 AM 10/21/2016, Jason Ostrowski wrote:<br>
left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><span>
Well, once again the Alpine winds of the Midwest threaten to start their bl=
ow about this time of year.<br>
We have one last chance to prove our Triumph worthiness among a field of ca=
rs that also think their Marque is the greatest production car of its time.=
This event is historically rich in=C3=82 Triumph excellence and defeat.<br>
The 46th running should tell a Triumph tale of=C3=82 our region.<br></span>
Entry list=C3=82 for the dual=C3=82 25 lap=C3=82 races (100 miles total) is=
=C3=82 somewhat low=C3=82 on=C3=82 the open book end...<br>
For the vintage race, only Sean=C3=82 Alexander (TR4), myself (GT6+) and ne=
wcomer Alex Amys (GT6+) are entered.<br>
And my bet is already on my faithful=C3=82 teammate Brian Garcia in his 196=
7 Plymouth Baracuda .<br>
Then there is Glade Snodgrass racing his hit or miss=C3=82 Spitfire in FP r=
acing the 50 lapper.<span><br>
Scott Barr will be out in his Spec Racer Ford.<br></span>
I=C3=82 was surprised to see no Tony Drews=C3=82 signed up to play.<br>
but Rumor has it that=C3=82 another=C3=82 big man won&#39;t be a no show.<s=
pan><br>
Bill Detinger is flying in from sin city just to see our show.<br></span>
Of course it&#39;d really more about his=C3=82 mini Beady Eyed loved ones=
=C3=82 going trick or treating and hitting the track=C3=82 for the big whee=
l race.<span><br>
I suppose its anyone&#39;s game.<br></span>
Sean has been strong and consistent all year, I&#39;m running a back up mot=
or in my yellow car; and the young Alex Amys=C3=82 has built=C3=82 a real l=
ooker of a GT6.<br>
Alex came out to Road America this fall and it was a real=C3=82 treat to se=
e his fresh GT6.<br>
He and his dad David have done a wonderful job so=C3=82 far,<br>
Their spectacular white #84 GT6; gets a high grade cosmetically and is top =
notch from an engineering standpoint.=C3=82<span><br>
I hope to show them what a little patina is worth.<br>
As for Sean, I&#39;m not sure if my old #27 has enough meat on it&#39;s bon=
es to take the top.<br></span>
Anyway, if you are into Triumphs; can&#39;t exactly skip a=C3=82 flat stone=
 in the ocean,=C3=82 and are not racing this weekend yourself...<span><br>
It seems the only reasonable that you head to Blackhawk Farms right now.<br=

Beacause=3D<br>
A) My awesome daughter Naomi is going for a &quot;3 peat&quot; win in the b=
ig wheel race.<br>
B) Damndinger rented a garage just to host a wine and cheese party.<br>
C) Some goon is racing a Plymouth Barracuda.<br>
D) Scott Barr is bringing a Magnesium wheel to &quot;White Light&quot; burn=
 on the Friendly Ghost Racing Bon Fire.<br></span>
(yes this is the race where we get really crazy and burn truckloads of wood=
 and stuffed animals and light up the sky burning all kinds of nutty=C3=82 =
melting shit).<span><br>
E) The legendary Glade Snodgrass will be racing a spitfire that could explo=
de at any minute.<br>
F) Joe Alexander needs to measure the size of your valve cover for his next=
G)=C3=82 Perhaps a young and Fresh GT6 builder gets corrupted by a bunch of=
 Mad GT6 hooligans in turn 2. (Yes David and Alex that is an invitation to =
paddock near us in the scary side of the track; out in the woods by turn 2)=
 if you dare.<br>
H) We party and burn stuff on=C3=82 Saturday... and=C3=82 Race on Sunday.<b=
r></span>
=C3=82 I) What happens at the Looong Race stays at the Looong Race.<span><b=
r>
X) Yep, this is the big one.<br>
If you can&#39;t make it, just look up into the Midwestern sky at about 8 p=
m central time=C3=82 on Saturday night. The orange light you see is our=C3=
=82 epic campfire...=C3=82 a symbol of Triumphs Burning everywhere.<br>
Godspeed.<br>
Jason Ostrowski<span><br>
Friendly Ghost Racing=C3=82<br>
1969 Triumph GT6+ Racecars<br>